The fearless CKCS is the 19th most popular breed in America and is akin to the papillon and the Affenpinscher. If you haven’t taken a look at the breed on the AKC website, you’re missing out. The breed originates in England. Stroll through a museum of 15th and 16th century portraits of English nobility and you’re likely to see one sitting on some lord or lady’s lap. King Charles II was this titular breed’s biggest fan and was said to have at least 4 running around him at all times, but with dental disease as bad as it was back then, the dogs were probably as turned off by the King’s breath as he was of theirs! Read what this human dental professional and part-time CKCS breeder has to say about dental disease in the breed.
- Animal Internet Stars: With millions of fans, these pets live like royalty.
- The Three Most Common Diseases in Older Cats…and they all respond to treatment!
- Connecticut Shelter Euthanasia Numbers Plummet! Part of a National Trend
- Pooch or Push Mower: Why Does My Dog Eat Grass?
- Connecticut Bears: Test your knowledge